FAQ'S FOR CONSIGNORS
THOSE INTERESTED IN BECOMING CONSIGNORS OFTEN ASK…
1. DO YOU BUY ANY ITEMS?
No. Encore works only on a consignment basis.
2. ARE YOU STRICTLY A WOMEN’S CONSIGNMENT STORE?
Yes. We do not take men’s or children’s items.
3. DO YOU TAKE ITEMS OTHER THAN APPAREL?
Yes. We are very happy to consign shoes, handbags, jewelry, scarves, hats and belts.
4. DO YOU TAKE ALL SIZES?
Yes. We sell petites through X-Large sizes.
5. DO YOU TAKE PROM DRESSES?
Occasionally. They must be very high-end and we are very selective.
6. DO YOU TAKE WEDDING DRESSES?
7. DO MY CLOTHES HAVE TO HAVE DESIGNER LABELS?
No. We prefer designer consignments, but we accept many high-end articles as well.
8. DO I NEED AN APPOINTMENT TO BRING THINGS IN FOR CONSIGNMENT?
No. Just come by the store Tuesday, Thursday or Friday between 10:00am - 2:00pm.
9. DO YOU TAKE CLOTHES BY SEASON?
Yes. Items must be seasonally appropriate. Spring/summer items are accepted from Mid-March through June; fall/winter items are accepted from Mid-August through January.
10. CAN I CONSIGN VINTAGE CLOTHING?
No. While we do feature many classic and timeless pieces, we do not sell vintage clothing.
11. IS THERE A MINIMUM / MAXIMUM NUMBERS OF ITEMS I CAN CONSIGN AT ONE TIME?
We require that you consign a minimum of five items to open a new consignor account. Once your account is open, you may bring any number you want. There is no maximum number of items for a consignment.
12. HOW IS PRICING DETERMINED?
Our seasoned staff determines pricing based on our 25+ years of market experience, unless otherwise agreed upon. Price reductions will be made at our discretion.
13. HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP MY THINGS?
Our consignment period is 60 days and it is the responsibility of the consignor to pick up unsold items. At the conclusion of the consignment period unclaimed items will become the property of Encore.
FAQ’S FOR CUSTOMERS
THOSE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING ITEMS OFTEN ASK…
1. CAN I PAY FOR MY PURCHASE BY CREDIT CARD?
Yes. Encore accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card and American Express.
2. CAN I RETURN OR EXCHANGE ITEMS I HAVE PURCHASED?
No. Since all items are taken on consignment, we are unable to accept returns or offer exchanges.
3. IS SHIPPING AVAILABLE IF I LIVE OUT OF STATE?
Yes. Shipping is available nationwide. Please ask for details at the time of your purchase.
4. DO YOU OFFER LAYAWAY?
Yes. Encore offers a 30 day layaway plan for your convenience. We do not offer layaway on sale items. Please contact us for more details.
5. DOES ENCORE FOR WOMEN HAVE GIFT CARDS?
Yes. We are happy to sell you gift cards in any denomination.
6. DO YOU CARRY BRIDAL GOWNS?
No, we are not able to carry bridal gowns.
7. WHAT SIZES DO YOU CARRY?
Our clothes range in size from petite to X-Large.
8. CAN I PUT AN ITEM “ON HOLD” WHILE I THINK ABOUT IT?
Absolutely. We will hold your item for 24 hours. If we do not hear from you within 24 hours, we will put the item back on the floor.
9. HOW CAN I FIND OUT ABOUT SALES?
You can sign up to receive an email or follow us on Facebook. To sign up for our emails, <click here> or visit us in the store. Email addresses are not sold and solely remain the property of Encore for Women.